Homework & Study Skills Help
- Just one part of this enormous site. To the right of the logo is the Reference Desk window. Scroll to Homework Help’s study sources.
-Several sources for Study Help, search engines and Research Sources are listed
.As part of a Selective Guide to the Internet from the New York Times for Students. Here you will find resources for academic subjects such as literature and math. Also good because it has current events which is very useful as well as a ton of resources if needing information while writing a paper.
- www.ucc.vt.edu/stdysk/stdyhlp.html - A variety of study aids from Virginia Tech University Very helpful site on how to be a better note taker and more prepared for a test. Good site for parents if they have a student who is struggling taking tests and not feeling like they are well prepared, parents can send their child to this site for many helpful tips.
- sas.calpoly.edu/asc/ssl.html - Study Skills Library from California Polytechnic State University. I really like this site because it is great for test prep. Gives many helpful tips on how to memorize better, note taking, setting goals, test anxiety, stress etc.
- www.students.gov/STUGOVWebApp/Public? - key “nutsandbolts” in search box and it will take you to The Nuts and Bolts of College Writing, by a college professor.
- Same as above, this site takes you to the NY Times paper for
.A Selective Guide to the Internet from the New York Times for parents, educators and students:
-As stated above: A Selective Guide to the Internet from the New York Times for Students. Here find resources for academic subjects such as literature and math. Same as above.
- www.students.gov/STUCOVWebApp/Public - Student gateway to the U.S. Government. Helpful links and hints related to careers, college, finances, studying, etc. This site is more for College bound kids or in college and much of this information does come from the Counseling Office. Parent guide to scams getting a student ready for college.